Friday, 18 February 2011

Trojan Horse and Other News

The year is flying by... mid Feb already. Sadly I haven't been able to update this blog as much as I'd hoped recently because (and here's the good news, I guess) work has been incredibly busy. I haven't had a whole weekend to myself since Xmas, last week I was in the studio literally morning afternoon and evening, for seven straight days. Just time then to give you a couple of quick news updates before I prepare myself for (possibly) my busiest week so far...



My work and words feature in the new Digital Arts magazine, where I was one of the interviewees for a cover story on portraiture. It always comes as a pleasant surprise that anyone might consider me to be a digital artist, given the fact that my work is all hand-made and I didn't even know what a scanner was til just a few years back. Still, I really like the fact that, in some weird Trojan-horse fashion, my colour pencil sketches have wormed their way into the digital section of WHSmiths. (In the case of the Brighton branch, this lies on the furthest edge of the mens magazines, next to the stock room doors often blocked by delivery cages and surreptitiously chatting staff members, who scowl at the chaps leafing through PC Advisor)


On a completely different note, my work features in a forthcoming exhibition to be held between the 4th and 15th of March at Chequer Mead Arts Centre in East Grinstead, a multi-disciplinary group show called 'Telling Tales'. The private view takes place between 1.30 and 7.30 on Saturday 5th March, if you're interested in popping over for a drink. My contribution to the show is the largest single piece of illustration I've ever attempted - details to be announced on this blog very soon, if I manage to get the f***ing thing done in time, that is.

As coincidence would have it, my work also features in a Brighton exhibition opening on the same day as Telling Tales. I’ve had the pleasure of being asked to submit a couple of pieces to Spindle Magazine’s ‘Emerging Talent’ show at trendy bar Madame Geisha on East Street. Private view on March 4th from 6-8pm, see you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment