Tuesday, 21 January 2014

January Update



I’m back in the land of the living, after a few months of relative insanity.
Lately I’ve been contending with extremely busy times at work, plus sorting out the content for my Diary Book. Most things in my life were forced to go on pause for the last couple of months as I chased work deadlines by day then spent evenings and weekends sifting through and editing my enormous archive of 1000+ diary sketches. It’s been the ultimate obsessive compulsive labour of love. Choosing 200 images for the book was a slow, contemplative process. Every selected page then had to be re-scanned and tidied, before being edited into a (somewhat) coherent book form. I constructed the flatplan of the book in completely analogue fashion… Picture me, if you will, spreading hundreds of computer printouts on the floor of my flat each evening, trying to find the essence of this ten year project. Yesterday I delivered the hi-res artworks and completed flatplan of the book to my designers, The Entente, in London. There is still a huge amount of work to be done before the book is released (hopefully at the tail end of 2014), but it’s a great relief to move onto the next stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment