Friday, 11 April 2014

Kickstarter Day One



Today I’ve launched a Kickstarter campaign to produce a 200 page A5 hardback book celebrating 10 years of my visual diary project.
All the important information can be seen on the Kickstarter page here. The wonderful short film at the top of the page, directed by Nic de Jesus, is a great place to start.

If you want to help me with this campaign, there are two ways you can make a difference.
1) Make a donation.
This is a 30 day ‘all or nothing’ campaign - meaning that if I fail to reach my £7000 funding target, no-one’s cards will be charged. This makes it a risk free investment for backers.
My appeal page features a number of really sweet rewards, across a big scale of differing budgets from £3-£400. There’s the opportunity to have your name listed in the credits page of the book, and also to pre-order it at a cheaper price than it will be sold in shops.
2) Spread the word. The more people who know about this, the more opportunities I will have to reach my funding goal, it’s as simple as that.


I’ll be writing a few more blogposts over the next 30 days to update you on the progress of this campaign, and also to reflect on a decade of my visual diary. Watch this space….

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/246831976/no-bulb-in-my-lamp-selected-diary-sketches-2004-20

2 comments:

  1. I'm in - I think...it's so lovely to watch your gentle video and I would be happy to support you, and see the book come to life. I have very much enjoyed reading your posts occasionally. I was particularly drawn to one a while back about how you got started....I was frankly feeling mighty shaky at the time about ever being commissioned properly - your account was balm for the troubled fledgling illustrator's soul...
    Do add a link to your kickstarter page when ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanja, I've added the link in at the end of the post, take a look and see what you think. It would of course be lovely to have your support. I'm also so pleased to read that the Illustration Diary gave you some solace, that was what I was hoping it might provide to people. Hope the illustration life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete